Sunday, August 22, 2010
Expensive shampoo and luxurious brand of conditioners might have chemicals added. However, a raw egg is a 100% natural conditioner that turns weak, dull hair into healthy locks.
Natural hair care doesn’t need to be expensive. There are two basic recipes you can use:
If your hair is oily or has dandruff:
- Mix a raw egg with lemon juice, beat well and apply to hair and remain for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
If your hair is dry or normal:
- Mix a raw egg with a few drops of olive oil and apply to hair, leave it for 20 minutes and wash your hair with shampoo.
Benefits of eggs on hair are usually seen from the very first tries. However, to keep a long lasting effect of beautiful shiny soft hair, better to do it for a month and then repeat the process as often as you wish.
Eggs and Hair
- Egg yolks are naturally rich in vitamin A, D, E and several vitamins of B-group. All of them are good for hair.
- The fatty acids in egg yolk can make hair shiny and manageable.
- Fatty acids were proven to fight dandruff, hair loss, psoriasis and flaky scalp, because they improve the skin structure.
Warning: do not use eggs and the mixtures if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Additional reading: Eggs Take Care of Your Hair
More Benefits of Eggs
- An excellent source of choline, an essential nutrient which plays a role in brain development and memory. One egg yolk provides nearly half the recommended amount of choline per day.
- A source of the carotenoids (lutein and zeaxanthin) - which may reduce the risk of cataracts and age related macular degeneration.
Hair Regrowth: Egg and Hair Vitamins
Saturday, June 19, 2010
• Find a good surgeon. Don’t assume the more expensive the better.
• Consider the price. A hair graft may cost between $3 and $10.
• Consider other expenses such as medication, blood tests, anesthesia etc.
• The whole surgery may cost between $4,000 and $20,000 depends on the number of grafts you need.
Expensive? Yes, indeed. Hence I would always suggest this as the last resource for those who are badly in need of their hair back. In case you are, here is a website you may want to take a look. However it is only specific for doctors in the North America. Hair Transplant Costs
The topics they cover are very useful, such as:
• Price Comparison of Surgeons.
• Before and after photos with prices.
• What causes hair loss.
• Who is a good candidate for hair transplant surgery.
• Details of the hair transplant procedure.
• Tips on finding the right doctor.
• Explanations of hair transplant costs and expenses.
Hair transplant is quite a painful, lengthy and expensive process. Before doing so, have you used or considered other options – laser combs, home hair laser, Provillus, hair vitamins, DHT blockers?
Hair Regrowth - Hair Transplant
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Laser hair loss treatment is the fruits of many researches in the hair dermatology branch. Doctors relied on this method in order to treat soft tissue injuries. Now, they have expended its spectrum use to reach hair loss therapies. Technological advancements have introduced different ways of re-growing and stopping hair from falling, but this recent method is the most successful of all.
Studies have shown that losing hair is a common experience. Everyone can lose an amount of hair each day. It is a healthy phenomenon. People tend to lose between 50 to 100 head hairs per day. Despite that, you may notice an unusual hair loss which is an unhealthy sign. It indicates that your hair is growing in an unhealthy way. Bad diet and medicines have been proven to be the main reasons, among others, for hair fall.
Laser hair loss treatment works in a remarkably straightforward way. It applies a low powered laser on the scalp with full protection to the skin. These carefully developed lasers go through the scalp to deliver their bio-regenerative energy directly into the hair follicle. This stimulates the already existing hair follicles in order to re-grow hair. This procedure operates like that which is applied to diminish post operative aches. The hair needs certain light wavelengths to properly grow. Laser uses the exact same light wavelengths to stimulate the blood flow.
You can have laser hair treatment through different ways. There are many domestic devices available that work relatively in the same way, but they have different results. You have to have a prescription from a specialist for full safety treatments. The doctor should define the size of the gap to meet with the size of the inserted grafts before starting treatment.
Laser hair loss treatments usually work in the same way. They use the some specific light wavelengths in to enhance the tissue growth. This allows nutrients to reach the dormant hair follicles in order to revive them.
Doctors and specialists highly recommend the use of hair loss cure with other treatments. In this way, patients are more likely to achieve the best of the results faster. There are many laser hair loss devices available out there in the Internet as well as in local stores. None the less, you should always consult an expert before taking any further actions to avoid any drawbacks.
Laser hair treatment can show you how effective it is within six months. There are hundreds of thousands of people are now relying on this new technology to re-grow their hairs.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=William_B._Hooks
Friday, April 16, 2010
Making Your Own Herbal Hair Shampoo
By Rudy Silva
In 1990 I decided not to use the commercially made shampoos after reading Aubrey Hampton’s book, “Natural Organic Hair and Skin Care.” In this book Aubrey tells you how to read the label on any product that you put on your skin or hair.
Manufacturers are constantly using toxic chemicals in their skin and hair products and disregard their toxic effects on your body. This is easily seen in the list of chemicals that they use. Here are a few of these chemicals found in many product labels:
1. propylene glycol or glycol– a petrochemical used because it is cheap
2. cetearyl alcohol – emulsifier that can be synthetic or natural
3. methylparaben or propylparaben – typical synthetic preservatives
4. distearate – this is polyethylene glycol or polypropylene glycol which are petrochemicals
5. isopropyl alcohol – used as a cheap solvent to carry synthetic oils.
Here is a natural shampoo that you can make. This formulation is something that I have been using for many years. First collect the following items:
* 4 oz of castile soap with any scent is that available – plain, peppermint, eucalyptus
* ½ oz of rosemary - stimulates the hair follicles and helps to prevent premature baldness
* ½ oz of sage – has antioxidants and keeps things from spoiling and is antibacterial
* ½ oz of nettles – acts as a blood purifier, blood stimulator, contains a large source of nutrients for hair growth
* ½ of lavender – controls the production of sebaceous gland oil and reduces itchy and flaky scalp conditions
* 2000 mg of MSM – provides organic sulfur to your scalp, which improves the health and strength of your hair. It also helps to drive herbal nutrient into the skin and follicles where they can do the most good.
* One empty 8 oz plastic bottle, or any other empty shampoo or soap bottle.
Mix the herbs in a mason jar, which has a lid. Boil 2 cups of distilled water. Add 3 heaping tablespoons of the mixed herbs into the boiling water. Pull the boiling water and herbs off the stove. Let the herb mixture sit for 30 – 40 minutes. Put the 2000mg of MSM into the herb mixture after 30 minutes of cooling. After 40 minutes and the MSM is melted, strain the herbal mixture into a bowl.
Pour 2 to 2 1/2 oz of strained herbal tea into the 8 oz plastic bottle. Now, pour the 4 oz of castile soap into the 8 oz plastic bottle. Cap the bottle and shake to mix the ingredients.
The shampoo is now finished and ready for use. Use this as a base for all of the shampoos you make. You can add different herbs as you learn what these herbs do and how they help your hair. You can vary the ingredients according to your taste. But now you have a shampoo that has no additives that can harm you.
Note from Pioneerthinking: MSM is called methylsulfonylmethane, an organic sulphur compound. You can get it in gel, liquid, powder, cream or capsule form. Consult your doctor before using MSM, especially if you are using medications.
Author: Rudy Silva has a Physics degree from the University of San Jose California and is a Natural Nutritionist. He writes a newsletter called “natural-remedies-thatwork.com” and he has written an ebook called “How to Relieve Your Constipation with 77 Natural Remedies.”
Article Source: Pioneerthinking.com
BUY INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THIS SHAMPOO
If you want to make this shampoo but can’t find the ingredients at local grocery or supermarkets, check this website: Mountain Rose Herbs
Alternatively, you can check out the herbal hair shampoo directly from their website.
** Since 1987 Mountain Rose Herbs has been known for its uncompromising commitment to organic agriculture and steadfast focus on the pure aesthetics and freshness of botanical products.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Looking for a more natural approach to hair care? Here are some tips to help your hair look and feel its best.
1. Avoid shampoos that contain sodium laurel sulfate, or sodium laureth sulfate. These chemicals are synthetic detergents that are used in dishwashing liquid and other cleansers. They are valued because they lather well, but they are very harsh, and can dry out your hair. Instead, look for shampoos made with decyl glucose, or decyl glucoside, which are much gentler.
2. Give yourself a hot oil treatment to deep condition your hair. Warm oil penetrates the hair shaft making the hair more flexible and giving it shine. This can also help to prevent split ends which result from dry hair.
3. Eat right and consider taking vitamin and mineral supplements to encourage healthy hair. Several vitamins and minerals have been shown to help hair growth and condition including biotin, vitamin E, vitamin B, vitamin C and MSM.
4. If you are an African American, or if you have extra curly hair, avoid brushing your hair. Use a wide toothed comb, or your fingers to work with your hair. Brushes can destroy African American or extra curly hair by shearing it out of the scalp.
5. Look for essential oils, herbs and vegetable oils in your hair care products. Essential oils such as rosemary, ylang-ylang and west Indian bay help to stimulate hair growth. Lavender and tea tree are naturally antiseptic and help to fight dandruff. Vegetable oils such as soybean oil, safflower oil and corn oil are moisturizing and conditioning to the hair shaft.
6. Avoid sleeping in hair accessories such as barrettes, scrunchies, head bands, etc. This can lead to hair damage.
7. Massage your scalp to help stimulate hair growth. Massaging helps stimulate hair growth by increasing the blood flow to the scalp. This nourishes the hair roots and helps to stimulate the hair growth process.
8. If your hair ends are damaged, give yourself a trim every so often to remove damage.
Author: Ololade Franklin publishes Making Good Scents(TM), a newsletter for people who make their own bath and body care products. For information about Making Good Scents(TM)
Recommended Reading: How To Naturally Regrow Lost Hair
Hair Regrowth - Regrow Hair Naturally
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
While some of the tips take time to work out, I have personally tried the ‘shampoo’ and ‘cut it’ strategy which works out fine for me. They aren’t expensive, safe and natural. Enjoy reading.
Hair makes us beautiful.
There are few conditions that evoke anxiety in my patients (men and women) more than hair loss. Hair is an important part of our appearance. We are biologically programmed to view it as a marker for a person’s suitability as a mate; this is probably because it’s an obvious indicator of a person’s youth and health.
Good hair suggests you are well nourished and healthy. As we age hair thins naturally, so a full head of hair also indicates the owner is young (and likely fertile).
It is no wonder that billions of dollars are spent every year to darken it, lighten it, grow more of it, and style it.
Like other physical characteristics such as body shape and skin complexion, the hair you have is the hair you are genetically programmed to grow. For some it is dense and thick. For others it is thin and sparse.
Patients often ask me what they can do to grow thick, luxurious hair. Here are five tips to have hair that says: “Yes, I’m dreamy.”
1. Eat well. Your hair reflects your overall health. If you eat healthfully, your hair will be healthy. Consume a diet based on whole foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, nuts, and low-fat dairy.
2. Take your biotin. There are countless vitamins touted to make your hair grow faster, stronger, and longer, including prenatal vitamins. Don’t believe it. If you eat a good diet (as above), then you don’t need vitamins. The only one I recommend supplementing is biotin at 1,500 mcg each day. Otherwise, leave the prenatal vitamins for pregnant women.
3. Moisturize. Shampoos are often potent soaps and can strip your hair’s natural oils, leaving it dry, dull, and brittle. Use the shampoo at the scalp only, not at the ends which can be months to years old and have endured countless washes. Use a conditioner everyday (or at least 3-4 times a week if your hairstyle can’t tolerate daily conditioning) to help lock in moisture. This will help your hair be thicker, shinier, and healthier.
4. Try carnitine. A recent study showed that at least in the laboratory, L-carnitine (found in red meat) stimulated hair growth. Maybe that’s where the expression, “Eat this. It’ll put hair on your chest” comes from….
5. Cut it. Because your hair can be years old, it reflects all your body has been through in that time. For instance, if you were sick a few months ago, then the hair that grew during that period can be thin and brittle and will remain that way until it is sheared. If your hair is damaged or frayed, then there is little you can do to repair it. Sometimes the best thing to do is to cut off all the damaged areas and focus on taking better care of the hair that is still healthy.
About Jeffrey Benabio, MD
More hair regrowth tips: How To Naturally Regrow Lost Hair in 15 Minutes a Day
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
That’s right. Nowadays, you can buy 50 lasers at the price of a laser comb.
Here's a list of things you can get with other laser hair products:
- LCD Displays
- Different Power Settings - (wouldn't you always choose 'high?')
- Vibrating Pins
- Battery Power Indicators
Notice: None of these things grow hair.
It is the laser light that does the work.
These things are not needed to regrow your hair. And they cost money, which you, the consumer, would end up paying for. And as far as cost goes, this explains why competitive laser products offer so few actual lasers. They can't afford to!
For home use laser combs you could easily spend $495 for something that only had nine actual lasers in it. Or just one. There is a leading laser brush that has only one laser in it, split into nine beams.
Why Super Grow 50 is cheap?
They have a simple approach to building a hair laser: GIVE THE CUSTOMER LOTS OF LASERS!
It is the LASERS that do the work. So instead of giving you add-ons that don't do anything to regrow your hair, they focus on giving you as many lasers as possible. Their overhead laser systems are lean and mean. What you get is a LOT of powerful, baldness-battling lasers.
The ultimate objective is go give you fast results, not gimmicks.
Remember - you get what you pay for. So with Super Grow 50 you pay for lasers and you get lasers - and lots of them.
Sit down and let Super Grow 50 do the job
Many buy a laser comb without using it simply because that requires moving their arms for a period of 30 minutes which is tired and boring.
With the Super Grow 50 you get 100% coverage of the entire thinning area for the entire time you are using it.
Your scalp is bathed by fifty lasers the entire time.
No "hot spots" (where it is more comfortable to hold a brush).
Each of the 50 lasers covers several square inches. There are so many of them that you get every square inch of your scalp covered several times over. This makes the treatment very effective.
Laser Comb / Overhead Hair Laser
Same Price - which will you opt for?
Thursday, February 4, 2010
At some stage I lost my full head of hair in less than a month’s time. It was really an acute case which shocked my doctor. If I were to explain why this had happened, it could be due to stress. A close friend of mine had a family disaster which I wanted to help but unable to. I could hardly imagine that stress could spoil someone’s health to such extent. I was a primary school teacher and I didn’t want to scare my students, so I had to wear a wig which I found it quite an unpleasant experience.
My doctor told me that my only hope was to use an overhead laser lamp. At that period of time, laser hair therapy wasn’t widely known. But I was so desperate that I had to do whatever my doctor told me to. Every night, I sat under the hair laser for 30 minutes. During that period, I could do reading, knitting or watching TV just to keep myself in a relaxed mood. My doctor told me that keeping a calm and relaxed mood was helpful in my recovery process.
In a month’s time, I saw young hair sprouts on my head. Following doctor’s advice, I progressively reduced the time of using the hair laser and finally got my full head of hair back in about six months. Now, after 20 years, my hair has never been as thick as before my hair loss disaster, but I am happy with my hair condition. Thanks to laser hair therapy. And the better news to know is that hair laser is now widely adopted and you don’t really need a doctor’s referral letter to buy it or use it.
I don’t recall the brand name of the hair laser I used. But I remember I spent around $500 for it. I notice Anna’s recommended Super Grow Overhead Hair Laser costs only $549. I can’t imagine after so many years of inflation, the home hair laser is still selling at such a low price. It could be a matter of improved technology and experience which help reduced the production cost. As we all know the mobile phones nowadays are selling at much lower price than 20 years ago.
I don’t have any experience with laser comb, because my hair loss disaster happened before laser comb was invented. However if someone is suffering from complete baldness like me, I believe an overhead hair laser is a better home remedy option. Imagine if I had to move around a laser comb around my head for 30 minutes daily, it could be quite a boring exercise.
Once again, thanks to laser hair therapy which help regrow my hair and regain my confidence.
Hair Regrowth Treatments - Laser Hair Therapy
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Provillus is available for both men and women. It consists of a topical and oral solution with Minoxidil and a number of conjectured “all-natural” DHT blockers.
On the other hand, it gives your scalp and hair all necessary nutrients to keep them in good form and make them healthy. As a result, it revitalizes hair follicles and stimulates your hair growth. The majority of those who have tried Provillus said that they could see the results in just a few weeks after they started taking it.
Here’s what one of the Provillus users says.
Provillus has become successful not only because of its effectiveness and great customer feedback. It also provides excellent after-sale services. They provide 24/7 online support where everyone can receive a detailed answer to every question about the product. There is also a real person to answer your questions on the phone which they promise that you would never have to wait on hold.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Hair fibers are the perfect solution for men and women suffering from hair loss and thinning hair who want to change the way they feel about their appearance. Balding and thinning areas instantly vanish leaving you with a natural looking full head of hair.
The hair fiber video below demonstrates how it works.
It’s a simple 10-second 3-step process
Photo source: Super Million Hair
Super Million Hair manufacturer in Japan started researching and studying about thinning hair since their establishment in 1973. Their hair fiber is an innovative cost effective solution to hair loss, both male and female. Today, hair fiber is actually used by many of the top film and TV studios as well as by professional hair salons.
Some Features and Benefits about Super Million Hair Fiber
· Natural and realistic, it is resistant to wind, rain and perspiration.
· Can be washed out quite easily with your usual shampoo and does not leave any stains after washing.
· Comes in a range of ten colours but these colours can be mixed to give amazing results to what ever hair colour you might have.
Hair Regrowth Treatments - Hair Fiber